Sunday, February 17, 2013

40 Days of Sacrifice: Lent Single Girl Style


Okay, I know it's been weeks since my last blog, but between work and grad school I've barely had time to breathe. But enough with the excuses...it's back to the business of dating!

So the other day at work, one of my co-workers asked me what I was giving up for Lent. First of all, I'm not Catholic so it's not customary for me to participate in this Post Mardi Gras ritual (shout out to my NOLA readers), but I thought there are probably some things in my life I could forego for a bit.

As one would suspect, my Lent sacrifice revolved around dating. (See previous posts if you need to know why I need all the help I can get in this area.) Lately it seems that the guys who had a fighting chance at being serious boyfriend contenders have been the biggest let down of them all. Quite frankly you get tired of investing yourself in genuinely getting to know people for it to go south faster than your grandparents on their way to Florida once they hit retirement age.

Solution?? 40 days of "fun" dating. Nothing serious, but nothing sketchy either. We are just looking for a few good dates, not to turn ourselves into the village bicycle here. It's time to give up having expectations that these morons have any idea of what they are looking for in a woman. 

Why fun dating? It's no pressure! If you go in with no expectations you can be pleasantly surprised if something happens (insert disney princess theme music here) and avoid drowning your sorrows in a tub of chocolate ice cream if nothing comes of it (don't judge me, you all know you've done it). 

So I started with my first fun date this weekend...and you will die when you hear how I actually met this one ladies. No bar, no website, just one serendipitous encounter.

I must run for now...(figuratively not literally...it's too damn cold out for that)..stay tuned! 

Cupid Sucks, 
Singleintheswamp 



No comments:

Post a Comment