Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Veterinarian

Alright y'all, I know I'm a little overdue for a blog post here, but things have been a little hectic with my travel schedule lately! Enjoy this post coming to you from Lake Tahoe (praise Jesus for snow and hot guys on snow boards - can I get an amen?).

So to the good stuff...a friend of a friend once said that she had the dream of marrying a doctor or lawyer, so in order to meet someone (of either profession) she actually started doing her nightly run down around the medical college in her hometown. Seeing as her version of McDreamy landed in her lap, I thought I'd give it a go myself...except that my version involves a Veterinarian and a lot less running. (For the record, there are only two instances where I will run (1) when I'm being chased and (2) if I'm trying to snag a fabulous pair of pumps at a Black Friday Sale - get outta my way cuz I will run your ass over).

The Vet magically turned up at just the right time (could it be fate?) in my inbox with one of the nicest and least stalker-ish emails I had received since venturing into this online dating business. We seemed to have a lot in common (at least our online dating personalities did) and his pictures portrayed a very attractive, athletic, tall, sandy blonde dreamboat. We exchanged flirtatious emails (same song and dance as the others), but I was quite hopeful when I finally got the email asking for my phone number so that he could ask me out on a date over the phone. A man with some manners...what planet could this guy be from?

Anyway, he calls (just like he said he would) and asks if we could meet for dinner that Wednesday night. Of course I agreed...I was certain I'd found my version of McDreamy (secretly hoping for McSteamy -- but geez what girl isn't). When Wednesday rolled around, I pulled out the ole standbys...blouse, skinnies, and my best pumps. I had to have my A-game on...this was serious business.

As you've hopefully learned by this point, this girl loves her stilettos, so short boys are completely out of my relationship equation (sorry y'all, but this girl's just got too many good shoes to even attempt to make that work). That being said, you can imagine my shock when I showed up to the restaurant and my McDreamy turned out to be a shorter, less athletic version of the online Vet I'd met (well you know what I mean).

In spite of the fact that I towered over him (okay I was only a few inches taller in my heels, but I felt like a giant), I sucked it up and thought "hey, he may be a really nice guy, so put your big girl panties on and give this your best go". We were a few days from some holiday (I can't remember if it was memorial day, labor day, July 4th - whatever, you get the picture), and upon exchanging what our plans were, I learned he had family that lived about 45 minutes away that he was going to visit.

Alright y'all, this is where my wonderful dating karma kicked it into full gear...HE INVITED ME TO COME WITH HIM BECAUSE HE WANTED TO INTRODUCE ME TO HIS MOTHER!!!! Slow down there cowboy...we have been sitting in this restaurant for all of about 2 hours and you are already inviting me to meet your parents?! Lord, I know I'm a catch, but everyone needs to work for it a little bit, right?

If that wasn't awkward enough, the night managed to get exponentially worse. On the way out of the restaurant, the Vet attempted to salvage the date by suggesting we grab a drink somewhere else. As you can imagine, the social scene isn't exactly poppin' off on a Wednesday night, so his attempt to find a bar was fruitless. This is where he suggested we could head over to his place to "watch some tv".

Surely this guy couldn't be serious??? This is the point where I quickly made up some nonsense about a big meeting at work the next morning and that I really needed to call it a night....blah blah blah. Eeeeek!!!

McDreamy turned into a McDudd and I was back at square one. Me and "square one" are becoming quite the BFFs if you haven't noticed a theme here.

So if you're keeping track the score is now:
Me -- 0
Online Creepers -- 3

Cupid Sucks,
singleintheswamp



1 comment:

  1. Oh wow that sounds awful. I mean props to some guys for having such courage but ommmg what are their poor heads thinking!

    Maddie

    http://maddiemadridadventures.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete