Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Pharma Rep

Let's start this one with a few of my life stats since Jan 1st:

Delta SkyMiles racked up: 20,579 
States Visited: 6
Days of Graduate School Classes Attended: 8
Louis Vuitton purses purchased: 1 (in love)
Boyfriends had (and lost): 1 (definitely not in love)
Current count of date-worthy guys: 2.5

Being that my Delta SkyMiles account is rapidly growing, you all understand my past (and maybe present) need for the option of online dating. You can only imagine the difficulty of meeting men (high, low or any kind of caliber)  when you are constantly on the go. One would think that as much as I'm in airports and on airplanes that the odds are bound to be in my favor that I'd meet someone in an airport. Don't you get all starry eyed thinking about meeting your future companion while on a trip to a foreign country or something fabulous like that? 

Well how about a dose of reality? The truth is, in my post grad world of work travel, the last five years of airplane rides have resulted in sitting next to screaming toddlers, people who don't realize the value of deodorant, overweight people who take up their own seat and half of yours, among many other, dare we call them travel stereotypes?

However, this last little adventure I somehow managed to find fate on my side! On a trip to North Carolina a few weeks ago, I was walking through the security line and immediately noticed this very good looking man standing in line. I didn't think much of it, but definitely caught myself pausing and taking a second glance at this handsome fellow. I proceeded through the line and boarded my plane just like any other trip. I sat in my seat, pulled out my school books (yes, this year I have realized that plane rides can actually be quite productive given the right conditions) and prepared for my short one hour flight from Gainesville to Atlanta...coke products and biscoff cookies included. 

Less than a paragraph into my reading (corporate finance - definitely a good cure for insomnia), imagine my surprise to find hunky airline security guy settling into the seat next to me (can a girl get an amen over here?!?). So here are a few of his stats:

Occupation: Pharmaceutical Sales Rep
Age: Late 20's
Location: Gainesville (#winning)
Hotness Scale: 8.5 (#reallywinning)
Conversation Skills: Good (this isn't always a guarantee with the really cute ones...I know you know what I mean here)

One pleasant plane ride, and we were exchanging phone numbers in the Atlanta airport before departing our separate ways. A stop at my favorite terminal D starbucks and I was on my way to a few days of work in NC with a little extra bounce in my step. 

Yes, he has called...but that's a post for another day. 

Cupid Sucks (maybe a little less today),
Singleintheswamp






No comments:

Post a Comment