Sunday, October 28, 2012

Where is Prince Charming?


A big ole howdy from Nashville, TN! Forgive my delay in posting, but my boots were aching to get out of my closet and back to my ole stomping grounds...if only for a few nights! 

So where were we? Ah, yes....being single in your twenties definitely leads you to question what's the best approach to meeting people your own age. Your options become: 

(A) the bar scene -- while your potential suitors are getting "crunk with their bros" and you're navigating the waters of who  is post grad versus who is still living it up in the dorm...easier said than done. 

(B) the office -- could be okay if you work for a big company, otherwise this could get VERY awkward. Always best to steer clear of this one in my opinion. 

(C) church -- this always seems to be a mixed bag of super-religious zealots who are ready to put a ring on it after one date, and those really awesome guys who are already spoken for....siiiigh (besides you probably shouldn't be checking dudes out while you're getting your Jesus on, but we know we're all guilty of it) 

(D) online dating  websites -- this is definitely acceptable, but if anyone has figured out a way to write a profile that is the right amount of fun, attractive, and intriguing in 1500 characters or less, we need to talk! 

(E) the gym (or other co-ed activities) -- as long as you don't mind seeing the same people around if things don't work out. Either that or you're going to have to get creative with your workout routine if things go south.

While I've tried them all,  I must say that my funniest stories have definitely come from option D. So for the next few posts I'm going to give you my inside perspective on the mystical, magical, world of online dating. The Lawyer, The Firefighter, The Medical Device Rep...their occupations are endless and their dating skills atrocious. 

With so many frogs around, I'm now completely convinced that my Prince Charming has taken a wrong turn, gotten lost, and is too stubborn to ask for directions. 

Until next time...

Cupid Sucks, 
singleintheswamp












  

No comments:

Post a Comment